From "Peter Thygesen" <thyge...@infopaq.dk>
Subject newbie: Trying to get an overview of the code..
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2007 13:53:07 GMT
Maybe this question should be move to the developer list, but .. it is
not that I currently intent to contribute to the project.. I just wanted
to see if I could get the code to compile.

This is what I did:

I opened the hadoop project in eclipse by using the "Java project from
existing ant buildfile" wizard. Using the build.xml file.

Fine... but I resulted in 1000's of errors and warnings.

I even tried to check-out the code from svn, and did approximately the
same as above. And having the same result.

What am I missing, or doing wrong?

Are there some "secret" JAR's I need to include.

Perhaps I'm just plain stupid or something.. ;) ..and yes I'm also
fairly new to java. (having several years of c# experience though..)

Kind regards,

Peter