From "Khalil Honsali" <k.hons...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: new to hadoop and first question
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 22:19:18 GMT
Have you verified connection between the two machines regardless of Hadoop
(ping, ssh, iptables...etc) ?

On 09/10/2007, Jim the Standing Bear <standingbear@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to hadoop, and tried to setup a distributed hadoop system.
> But when I tried to run the example job, it stack dumped with the
> following exception:
>
> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: java.io.IOException: Unknown
> protocol to name node: org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobSubmissionProtocol
>
> I setup hadoop 0.14.1 on two machines, where one acts as both the name
> node and job tracker, while the other one is just a slave
>
> When I set it up on a single machine and ran it standalone, it worked
> fine.  Please let me know if more information is needed to help
> troubleshoot.  Thanks!
>
> -- Jim

Honsali Khalil − 本査理 カリル
Academic>Japan>NIT>Grad. Sc. Eng.>Dept. CS>Hiroshi&Tsumura Lab.
http://www.matlab.nitech.ac.jp/~k-hon/
+81 (zero-)eight-zero 5134 8119
k.honsali@ezweb.ne.jp (instant reply mail)