From Christian Kremnitzer <kremit...@ai.wu-wien.ac.at>
Subject Re: Hadoop-Streaming with C
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 05:53:58 GMT
Thanks, lohit for your help!

I exactly followed your instructions. Your example, as well as the
wordcount example in python, works fine.

Applying my C-Code, I always get an empty result file. When I inspect
the job via the web-interface, it seems to me that my mapper does not
pass on any information (and therefore the reducer does not get any and
still is not able to write data to the result file)

Could you provide me a small example mapper and reducer in C?
Also, the exact command, how to call this from the shell. It seems to
me, that I always make the same (short, but important) error :)

Christian