From Alan Gates <ga...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Yahoo Pig - Some updates
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2007 16:02:33 GMT
After looking a little at HBase, it looks like building load and store
functions in pig to read from and write to hbase shouldn't be too hard.
Changing pig to take advantage of more hbase features than just full
scan and a new version of rows in a table would take quite a bit more work.

Alan Gates.
Yahoo!

edward yoon wrote:
> P.S : On close view, I think hbase storage option can be added to syntax of the load
statement in PIG, but i'm not sure.