From Michael Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: A basic question on HBase
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:57:02 GMT
Josh Wills wrote:
> ...So it seems to me that the right thing to do is to up the
> hbase.client.retries.number parameter to 10, from 5.  This could be a
> function of how I'm just using the one region server in this test--
> w/more servers, the master could just redirect the new row to another
> server, and let the other region server do its split/meta update
> without the constant interruptions.

Thats a decent working supposition.  You can send me log sample off line
if you'd like (or come join us on the #hbase IRC channel on
irc.freenode.net) since hbase log reading is an arcane skill.

> Sounds like it's time to kidnap my sysadmin's X-Men action figures and
> ransom them for more servers.

Do (Hide your Ken dolls first though in case they try and retaliate).
60G though your chunks are large could take a while otherwise.

St.Ack