From Michael Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: A basic question on HBase
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 16:15:39 GMT
Did you start hbase?

% $HBASE_HOME/bin/start-hbase.sh

Are both the hbase master and regionservers up and running?

Look in the hbase logs (Default location is $HADOOP_HOME/logs).  Check
the hbase master log.  It should be scanning the catalog regions named
-ROOT- and .META. on a period.  If its not, then there is something
wrong.  Check the regionserver log also.

If you can't figure it, swing by the #hbase IRC channel at
irc.freenode.net and we can help you out.

St.Ack