From Colin Evans <co...@metaweb.com>
Subject Re: jdk6 on darwin
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 18:10:44 GMT

Apple used to have a beta 1.6 JDK available, but it looks like it was
pulled from their developer site recently.  I tried using the beta a
while back, and found that some apps wouldn't work with it, so it might
not be a good solution anyways.

I'm a bit confused by this discussion though.  How would compiling the
jars with Java 1.5 and running on 1.6 degrade performance (assuming that
the jars don't use any new 1.6 APIs)?

Michael Bieniosek wrote:
> Does anybody know if there is a jdk6 available for Mac?  I checked the apple developer
site, and there doesn't seem to be one available, despite blogs from last year claiming apple
was distributing it.

> Since I do my development work on a Mac, switching to jdk6 would be very difficult for
me if I can't find a darwin jdk6.  I need to be able to build job jars and patch hadoop.