From "vid sea" <realv...@gmail.com>
Subject Can I do a job(or task ) without using mapreduce on the hadoop dfs?
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 09:03:15 GMT
 Hi,all:

I am starting to use hadoop recently,I have 3 questions to ask?Can anybody
help me with it?

first question:I previously have some code under Windows and some .exe &
.dll file.Does hadoop support calling the .exe & .dll files?Can I write a
.bat file ? If not ,does i support some something like that for example the
executable file & batch file under linux? If they do not support such things
,how can I use my existing .exe & .dll file?

second question:Can I do a job(or task ) without using mapreduce on the
hadoop dfs? This is because i have some code and do not want to change
it.But i need the hadoop dfs to store my data which can not be stored on one
machine . So I want to write some scheduling program to run my original on
the dfs without mapred.Can i do that ? If I could ,how can avoid moving data
and schedul the job(or task) to the namenode that store the right data?

Third question: Can I control which part of data is stored on
which machine(namenode)?Are there any API ?If aren't,can  i make it by
easyly change some hadoop dfs code?

Thank you!!

realvsea
07.10.13