From "Paul H." <pitt_dynam...@yahoo.com>
Subject Hadoop distributed search.
Date Sat, 27 Oct 2007 14:50:05 GMT
Hello,

According to a hadoop tutorial  (http://wiki.apache.org/nutch/NutchHadoopTutorial) on wiki,

"you don't want to search using DFS, you want to search using local filesystems.    Once the
index has been created on the DFS you can use the hadoop copyToLocal command to move it to
the local file system as such".

So my understanding is that hadoop is only good for batch index building, and is not proper
for incremental index building and search. Is this true? By "incremental index building and
search", I mean a system that accepts text on the fly, builds index  and makes the index available
for search immediately.

cheers,
Paul