From "Ming Yang" <minghs...@gmail.com>
Subject Reduce task hangs
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 03:17:16 GMT
Hi,

I have set up 2-node cluster running on Ubuntu 7.04
and tested the examples, including wordcount and pi.
But the jobs don't always finish. Sometimes the reduce
tasks hang in the middle, such as 13%, and there's no
network traffic between nodes and no CPU usage.
I have been trying all different ways to make it more stable
but no luck. I checked the DFS and found all blocks are
under-replicated. Is this the cause of it? I really appreciate
anyone who can share some experience in this type of
problem. Thank you!

Ming Yang