From "Tom White" <tom.e.wh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accessing S3 with Hadoop?
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 19:20:44 GMT
> The issue for me regarding the hostname thing was that my Ubuntu-based
> AMI was not setting the hostname correctly to the external DNS name
> (my fault, not Ubuntu's). I've fixed that and so the canonical scripts
> from hadoop-0.14.[01]/src/contrib/ec2 should work for me now, though I
> am still using my own for the time being.

I didn't realize that you were trying to use your own AMI! The
procedure on the wiki for building your own is based on using the core
Fedora AMI. I did try using an Ubuntu one some time back but got into
difficulties with networking, so I've used the official Fedora one
since then. Anyway, glad you've got something working.

> I've also moved up to Hadoop 0.14.1 and hand-applied the fix from
> HADOOP-1783. I'm referring to the the one-liner in the second comment;
> the patch attached to the bug doesn't apply to 0.14.0 or 0.14.1. Was
> there any reason why the fix from the comment didn't make it into
> 0.14.1?

There is a patch for HADOOP-1783 (see the Jira attachment) which fixes
the issue - the one-liner didn't fix unit tests. This didn't make the
0.14.1 release but it will make the next one.

View raw message