From Ted Dunning <tdunn...@veoh.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop ignores attempts to set mappers/machine?
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 15:51:19 GMT

I have found that this parameter tends to be the limiting factor:

<property>
  <name>mapred.tasktracker.tasks.maximum</name>
  <value>3</value>
  <description>The maximum number of tasks that will be run
        simultaneously by a task tracker.
  </description>
</property>

There are several competing constraints at work which makes it kind of hard
to determine just how many map tasks will be run.