From Ted Dunning <tdunn...@veoh.com>
Subject Re: hardware specs for hadoop nodes
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 00:04:13 GMT

We have an oddball collection of machines.  Most are in the class you
mention, although some have single dual core CPU's and some have 12GB of
memory.  We plan to use developer workstations at night (real soon now)
which typically have 1-3GB of memory + single CPU.

Our name node is very lightly used because the files we analyze are pretty
good sized (we produce only a few consolidated files per hour).