From Michael Bieniosek <mich...@powerset.com>
Subject Re: Anybody using HDFS as a long term storage solution?
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 22:43:04 GMT
I don't know the answers to your questions.  I learned what I know by
grepping through the DataNode.java source for "rack".

To use it, I set the "dfs.network.script" property in my hadoop config.
This contains the path to an executable which prints the name of the rack.

There's also a way to pass it on the command line to the DataNode class, so
it depends on how you start up your datanodes, I suppose.

-Michael