From C G <parallel...@yahoo.com>
Subject Multiple output files, and controlling output file name...
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2007 20:20:14 GMT
Hi All:

  In the context of using the aggregation classes, is there anyway to send output to multiple
files?  In my case, I am processing columnar records that are very wide.  I have to do a variety
of different aggregations and the results of each type of aggregation is a set of rows suitable
for loading into a database.  Rather than write all the records to "part-00000", etc., I'd
like to write them to a series of files based.  I don't see an obvious way to do this..is
it possible?

  Also, for those of us that don't like "part-00000" and so forth as naming conventions, is
there a way to name the output?  In my case, incorporating a date/time stamp like "loadA-200709221600"
would be very useful.

  Thanks for any advice,
  C G