From "kate rhodes" <masuk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuration problem (cannot connect to master node)
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2007 21:06:36 GMT
Well, assuming you've got the IP address correct in the second machine
is there a firewall blocking you?

Pinging isn't really an indication of being able to connect at all.

Telnet from machine B to machine A on the appropriate port.

also, I seem to remember weirdness in some systems (not specifically
hadoop) with binding to localhost and then having remote boxes connect
to you. Replace the 148 config with the same one you're using on 131.

--
- kate = masukomi
http://weblog.masukomi.org/