From Ross Boucher <bouc...@apple.com>
Subject Failed Task
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 16:10:12 GMT
I set up a hadoop task to run, and after 45 minutes it had completed
all but one task.  This one task had been killed and retried 3 times
already,  so I left it overnight, and 615 attempts later, it still
hasn't been able to complete the one job.  Is there some setting I'm
missing that can tell it to just abort a job that doesn't complete,
say, after the third try? I don't particularly like the idea of jobs
that will never complete because of one bad input file.

Thanks.

Ross Boucher
boucher@apple.com