From Lance Boomerang <lr...@boomerang.com>
Subject Re: Use HDFS as a long term storage solution?
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2007 04:03:29 GMT
So are we assuming that all the HDFS nodes are on 64bit hosts?

Any idea if using the Hadoop Java API on 32bit clients would work to
read / write files into a 64 bit HDFS setup over the network (HTTP)?

Thanks,

Lance

"Could images be turned into byte arrays and stored in HBase? Also, you
will need a JVM that supports the -d64 flag otherwise you can only
allocate up to 2048M to each machine.

Peter W."