From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Compression using Hadoop...
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 17:24:16 GMT
Ted Dunning wrote:
> I have to say, btw, that the source tree structure of this project is pretty ornate and
not very parallel.  I needed to add 10 source roots in IntelliJ to get a clean compile.  In
this process, I noticed some circular dependencies.

> Would the committers be open to some small set of changes to remove cyclic dependencies?

It doesn't hurt to propose them.  Even if the get shot down, we'll gain
a log of the rationale.  There are great benefits to clean layers, but
we also can't gratuitously break source-code compatibility.

Doug