From Dongsheng Wang <phid...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Use HDFS as a long term storage solution?
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2007 18:26:28 GMT
sorry, I meant to see "not" sure

Dongsheng Wang <phidecn@yahoo.com> wrote: now sure about the advantage of using HBase
over HDFS, can you give some insights on that?

- dongsheng

"Peter W."
 wrote: Hello,

Could images be turned into byte arrays and stored in HBase? Also,
you will need a JVM that
supports the -d64 flag otherwise you can only allocate up to 2048M to
each machine.

Peter W.

On Sep 5, 2007, at 1:03 PM, Dongsheng Wang wrote:

> We are looking at using HDFS as a long term storage solution. We
> want to use it to stored lots of files. The file could be big and
> small, they are images, videos etc... We only write the files once,
> and may read them many times. Sounds like it is perfect to use HDFS.

Building a website is a piece of cake.

Got a little couch potato?