From "Ming Yang" <minghs...@gmail.com>
Subject Configuration problem (cannot connect to master node)
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2007 20:36:31 GMT
Hi,

I am having problem configuring my 2-node Hadoop cluster.
The two machines, named A and B, are in the same network,
having IP address of 192.168.1.148 and 192.168.1.131, respectively.
Machine A was configured as a master, and machine B was a slave.
When I started a job on machine B, I got a lot of the following
connection error

07/09/26 16:13:37 INFO ipc.Client: Retrying connect to server:
/192.168.1.148:9000. Already tried 1 time(s).

I can ping machine A from machine without problem. So not sure if
there's anything else I should put in the configuration.
Please take a look at the attached configuration files from each machine.
the file names are suffixed with the IP. I really appreciate your help!

Ming Yang