From "Devaraj Das" <d...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject RE: Question about database application in MapReduce framework
Date Sun, 23 Sep 2007 01:40:14 GMT
In short, the answer is, you could use hadoop to process input data and also
update the centralized database during the data processing. However, your
centralized database might become the bottleneck to scaling, since it might
start choking when the number of concurrent accesses goes beyond a certain
number.