From "Owen O'Malley" <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Reduce Performance
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 17:38:57 GMT
On Aug 21, 2007, at 12:30 AM, Enis Soztutar wrote:

>> I think it is greatly in the projects interest to have a really
>> elegant one node solution.   It should certainly support
>> multithreading, the web UI, etc.
> AFAIK, local setup has never been the interest of hadoop, however,
> a good implementation will definitely be appreciated.

The default setting for Nutch is single node using the local runner
and according to Doug, most sites use Nutch that way. So they will
certainly appreciate it.

The single node setup does also need to support testing and
debugging, so it would be nice if the threads can be turned off,
since it is much easier to understand and debug single threaded code.

-- Owen