From Eyal Oren <eyal.o...@deri.org>
Subject Re: has anyone seen jobs hanging randomly without terminating?
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2007 10:01:47 GMT
On 08/14/07/08/07 16:33 -0500, Dennis Kubes wrote:
> Yes...especially when speculative execution is NOT enabled.  But we are
> also seeing path problems when speculative execution is enabled.  If it is
> hanging in the map task my guess would be some type of map code.  Are you
> using regular expressions of anything similar?  Also what is processor load
> during the hang?
I think we might have fixed it after all, our code was hanging on us
opening a socket connection that didn't respond but not specifying a
timeout.

The problem seems to be resolved for now, I'll report more details if it
comes back. Sorry for the trouble.  Speculative execution was disabled btw.

-eyal