From Jani Arvonen <j...@floobs.com>
Subject newbie problem: Using DFS from Java program
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 12:59:22 GMT
Hello everybody!

I've been trying to use hadoop distributed file system from my java
spring web application but without any good results :). We have one
server where hadoop namenode are datanode are succesfully running (so
they all are running on a single node). I managed to configure it with
the help of documentation page found from hadoop website.

Now i need to make my web application to use this distributed file
system running on the other server. I've tried to place the same
hadoop-site.xml found from the hadoop master server in the programs
classpath and using DistributedFileSystem but without no luck. Always
when trying to use for example copyFromLocalFile it throws a
NullPointerException. Im getting really lost with this issue because i
havent found any examples or tutorials related to this :)

I would really appreciate if somebody could help me so that i can
connect to this hadoop master server from my java spring web application
and to use distributed file system.

best regards,
Jani