From Ted Dunning <tdunn...@veoh.com>
Subject Re: lucene with hadoop but without nutch, looking for documentation
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 15:20:04 GMT

This is a very strange project you are working on.

The reason that it is strange is that Hadoop grew out of the networked
version of Lucene that was known as Nutch.

That should mean that you don't need to do anything at all to get lucene and
Hadoop to work together.  Just run Nutch.

On 7/18/07 7:29 AM, "Samuel LEMOINE" <samuel.lemoine@lingway.com> wrote:

> Hi Hadoopers !
> I'm working on Hadoop for an internship, trying to find out its
> possibilities in use with Lucene... my problem is that I'v been reading
> loads of docs for a week or so, such as GoogleMapReduce &
> GoogleFileSystem documentations, HadoopFileSystem and HadoopMapReduce
> documentation, and I also glanced at the API javadoc... but all these
> docs seems quite arcane to me.
> Would anyone give me a track, a tutorial about beginning with Hadoop,
> how to interface it with a Lucene software ? I've already searched in
> Hadoop's wiki and Hadoop's website documentation, without any clear
> success... any help will be greatly appreciated :)
> thanks,
> Samuel

View raw message