From "Ilya Vishnevsky" <Ilya.Vishnev...@e-legion.com>
Subject RE: Trying to run nutch: no address associated with name
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 10:21:09 GMT
Well, I've tried with the following slaves file:

thanatos
morpheus

but the result is the same.

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Cutting [mailto:cutting@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2007 8:57 PM
To: hadoop-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Trying to run nutch: no address associated with name

In the slaves file, 'localhost' should only be used alone, not with
other hosts, since 'localhost' is not a name that other hosts can use to

refer to a host.  It's equivalent to 127.0.0.1, the loopback address.
So, if you're specifying more than one host, it's best to use real
hostnames or IP addresses.

Doug