From "Stu Hood" <stuh...@webmail.us>
Subject Third-party Jars in MapReduce job
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2007 22:08:46 GMT

Hello,

I'm working on a MapReduce job that requires some third-party jars. I know that the devs are
working on [https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-1622] HADOOP-1622, which should make
this problem easy, but for now (and for backwards compatibility), how is this best accomplished?

I've tried adding the 3rd party jars to lib/ in my job-jar, so that the structure looks like
so:
META-INF
us
    webmail
        hadoop
            mapred
                *
lib
    third-party-one.jar
    third-party-two.jar

... but no luck. The job fails saying that it can't find classes that are contained in the
third party jars.

How are other users accomplishing this?

Stu Hood
Webmail.us
"You manage your business. We'll manage your email."®