From "Lucas Nazário dos Santos" <nazario.lu...@gmail.com>
Subject Running tasktrackers on datanodes
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 13:38:46 GMT

I was reading Hadoop's getting started (
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-hadoop/GettingStartedWithHadoop), and in the
section named "Starting up a larger cluster" I had a doubt about starting
tasktrackers on datanodes. The tutorial says that after running the
start-dfs.sh script on the node I want as the namenode, I need to execute
the script start-mapred.sh, and this will "bring up the Map/Reduce cluster
with Jobtracker running on the machine you ran the command on and
Tasktrackers running on machines listed in the slaves file".

It actually brings up the Jobtracker on the machine I ran the command on,
but not the tasktrackers on slave machines. I need to enter slave by slave
starting the tasktracker manually, issuing the command "hadoop tasktracker"
what, according to Hadoop's getting started documentation, is something

Did I misunderstand something?

Thanks in advance,