From "Lucas Nazário dos Santos" <nazario.lu...@gmail.com>
Subject Task tracker as windows service
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2007 14:27:57 GMT
Hello.

I was trying to run Hadoop as windows service following the instructions in
this site - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-1525 - when I
realized that there wasn't a file to run the task tracker.

I don't know if I misunderstood something, but in order to get Hadoop
working we must also run the task tracker, right? Say, bin/hadoop
tasktracker. Consequently, I created two files to get the task tracker
running as service too. These files are attached to this e-mail.

The InstallServices.bat, and UninstallServices.bat just contain a couple of
lines in the end, so the task tracker service will be installed and
uninstalled together with the other services already defined by the issue
number 1525. Noticed that I had to rename the .bat extension to .bat.xxx,
because GMail doesn't allow me to send .bat files. Just rename them!

One thing missing is a .bat file to start and stop the task tracker service
without the need to use the Windows' service manager interface.

Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work!

Lucas