From "Hairong Kuang" <hair...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject RE: [URGENT] Help with using extra information while processing input data using map technique
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 18:27:39 GMT
MapReducerBase has a method configure(JobConf jobconf). You might use the
method to initialize the extra information that your map needs.

Hairong

-----Original Message-----
From: Pallavi P [mailto:pallavi.p@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2007 6:08 AM
To: hadoop-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: [URGENT] Help with using extra information while processing input
data using map technique

Hi All,
 I am new to hadoop and learning how to use it. I have a problem which can
be solvable using map-reduce technique. But, in my map step, I need to
consider some extra information which depends on  the input key,value pair.
Can some one please help me what is the good way of taking this data? I am
thinking of storing it in some HDFS and map code try to load it whenever it
is processing a particular key, value pair. any other better approaches,
please let me know.

Thanks & Regards
Pallavi