From "Vivek Ratan" <viv...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject RE: Configuring hadoop
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2007 15:56:55 GMT
Detailed instructions for configuring your setup to run across one or more
machines are on the hadoop Wiki
(http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-hadoop/GettingStartedWithHadoop) and in the
Hadoop API Documentation (http://lucene.apache.org/hadoop/api/index.html:
scroll down to the 'Getting Started' section). It's usually sufficient to
add your settings to hadoop-site.xml, which should be in the conf directory.
You don't need to touch the jar files. You can modify mapred-default.xml if
you don't like the default settings for the number of mapper and reducer
tasks, but they're usually sufficient for most purposes, esepcially when
you're just getting things running.

View raw message