From "hank williams" <hank...@gmail.com>
Subject noob
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:57:21 GMT
I am developing an application that is currently based on mysql. I believe
it will require significant scaling and so I am exploring hadoop.

I know nothing about map-reduce and am trying to figure out how it
conceptually relates to simple things like CRUD. I guess I am just looking
for a document or some simple explanation of how you use the map-reduce
metaphor to do basic index, search, sort, insert type things.

Any info and pointers greatly appreciated.

Hank