From "Neeraj Mahajan" <neermaha...@gmail.com>
Subject How to utilize multiple processors?
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2007 00:30:03 GMT
Hi,

I am using a quad core dual processor machine (i.e. total 8 CPUs). I tried
executing the grep example as well as the sort benchmark. In both I could
see that only one processor was utilized. I set "mapred.map.tasks" and "
mapred.tasktracker.tasks.maximum" values to 8 but still only single
processor was utilized. I am interested in setting up both these examples
such that maximum CPU utilization occurs. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Neeraj