From Konstantin Shvachko <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: How to Start Hadoop Cluster from source code in Eclipse
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 18:30:49 GMT
I run entire one node cluster in eclipse by just executing main() (run
or debug menus) for each component.
You need to configure eclipse correctly in order to do that. Can you
compile the whole thing under eclipse?
NameNode example:
= Open NameNode.java in the editor.
= Run / Run
= New Java Application -> will create an entry under "Java Application"
named NameNode
= Select NameNode, go to tab Arguments and enter the following arguments
under "VM Arguments":
  -Dhadoop.log.dir=./logs
  -Xmx500m
  -ea
    The first one is required, can point to your log directory, the
other two are optional
= go to the "Classpath" tab, add "hadoop/build" path under "User entries" by
    Advanced / New Folder / select "hadoop/build"
That should be it, if the default classpath is configured correctly, and
if I am not forgetting anything.
Let me know if that helped, I 'll send you screenshots of my
configuration if not.

--Konstantin