From Arun C Murthy <ar...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: C API for HDFS
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2007 18:16:12 GMT
On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 10:43:09AM -0700, Phantom wrote:
>How do I get the documentation for the C API ?

Sorry, I should get to put up a twiki on this one...

$ ant doc-libhdfs

which generates doxygen docs from src/c++/libhdfs/hdfs.h

Doug, is there an easy way for us to put up the doxygen-docs, similar to the java api docs?

>Also when I try to use the
>hdfsConnect() function what do I pass as argument ? Should I pass in the
>host name of the master and the port it is listening on ? I mean in the
>configuration file for Hadoop I have the fs.default.name set to
>"hdfs://dev030.sctm.com:9000". So do I pass in "hdfs://dev030.sctm.com" and
>9000 as args. Please advice.

Take a look at src/c++/libhdfs/hdfs_test.c for some examples... passing 'default' & 0
will pick up values from hadoop-site.xml

hth,
Arun