From Phantom <ghostwhoowa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuration and Hadoop cluster setup
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 18:52:35 GMT
Either I am totally confused or this configuration stuff is confusing the
hell out of me. I am pretty sure it is the former. Please I am looking for
advice here as to how I should do this. I have my fs.default.name set to
hdfs://<host>:<port>. In my JobConf setup I set the set same value for my
fs.default.name. Now I have two options and I would appreciate if some
expert could tell me which option I should take and why ?

(1) Set my fs.default.name set to hdfs://<host>:<port> and also specify it
in the JobConf configuration. Copy my sample input file into HDFS using
"bin/hadoop fd -put" from my local file system. I then need to specify this
file to my WordCount sample as input. Should I specify this file with the
hdfs:// directive ?

(2) Set my fs.default.name set to file://<host>:<port> and also specify it
in the JobConf configuration. Just specify the input path to the WordCount
sample and everything should work if the path is available to all machines
in the cluster ?

Which way should I go ?

Thanks
Avinash