From Phantom <ghostwhoowa...@gmail.com>
Subject Configuration and Hadoop cluster setup
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 22:20:35 GMT
I am trying to run Hadoop on a cluster of 3 nodes. The namenode and the
jobtracker web UI work. I have the namenode running on node A and job
tracker running on node B. Is it true that namenode and jobtracker cannot
run on the same box ? Also if I want to run the examples on the cluster is
there anything special that needs to be done. When I run the example
WordCount on a machine C (which is a task tracker and not a job tracker) the
LocalJobRunner is invoked all the time. I am guessing this means that the
map tasks are running locally. How can I distribute this on the cluster ?
Please advice.

Thanks
Avinash