From Phantom <ghostwhoowa...@gmail.com>
Subject Configuration problems
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 19:41:00 GMT
Hi

I am not able to get Hadoop run in a cluster at all. I do not know what I am
doing wrong. Here are the files I have in my conf directory. Please advice
as to what I need to do.

hadoop-site.xml

<configuration>
        <property>
                <name>fs.default.name</name>
                <value>dev030..sctm.com:9000</value>
        </property>

        <property>
                <name>dfs.name.dir</name>
                <value>/usr/tmp</value>
        </property>

        <property>
                <name>mapred.job.tracker</name>
                <value>dev030.sctm.com:10000</value>
        </property>

        <property>
                <name>dfs.replication</name>
                <value>1</value>
        </property>

</configuration>

the masters and slaves files have been populated. What else do I need to do
?

Thanks
Avinash