From yu-yang chen <yy...@doc.ic.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Beginner to Hadoop, please help
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 17:51:20 GMT
Thanks to all those answered my question, I solved the problem finally:
After getting path not found error, I manually deleted the dfs file
system in

/tmp/hadoop-yyc04/mapred/system

and reformat( bin/hadoop namenode -format) again, which then worked.

Just in case someone else run into the same problem as me in the future,
here is one suggestion :)

ps: to shut down the dfs, it actually takes a while before it kills all
the namenodes completely...so after you run bin/stop-all.sh, you might
want to wait for few second before start again.

Thanks again

Regards

yu-yang

Hairong Kuang wrote:
> Please make sure to shut down your dfs before you restart it.  To shut down
> your dfs, you can either run stop-dfs.sh on namenode or go to each datanode
> kill each datanode java process.
>
> After you start your dfs, you may check your cluster status by either
> running "hadoop dfsadmin -report" or browsing to a web UI, which by default
> should be at http://namenode:50070.
>
> Hairong

>>> this:
>>> 127.0.0.1   localhost