From jafarim <jafa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: bandwidth (Was: Re: Running on multiple CPU's)
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2007 17:32:11 GMT
On linux and jvm6 with normal IDE disks and a giga ethernet switch with
corresponding NIC and with hadoop 0.9.11's HDFS. We wrote a C program by
using the native libs provided in the package but then we tested again with
distcp. The scenario was as follows:
We ran the test on a cluster with 1 node, then we added the nodes one by one
until reaching 5 nodes. Same test with samba saturated the link with only
one node.

--jaf