From Johan Oskarsson <jo...@oskarsson.nu>
Subject Decommission of datanodes
Date Sun, 29 Apr 2007 16:59:29 GMT
Hi.

I'm trying to decommission 10 datanodes of 35 in our cluster. The
process have been running for a couple of days
but only one node have finished. Perhaps I should have tried to
decommission one at the time?
I was afraid it would lead to unnecessary  transfers as the node being
decommissioned would probably have copied data to other nodes
that I was going to decommission later.

There's no way of seeing how far the process have come?

The logs contain a lot of these:

2007-04-29 16:56:56,411 WARN org.apache.hadoop.fs.FSNamesystem: Not able
to place enough replicas, still in need of 1

Is that related to the decommission process?

/Johan