From Mathijs Homminga <mathijs.hommi...@knowlogy.nl>
Subject non responding tasks (solved)
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 10:14:59 GMT
Hi all,

I have had some troubles with 2 nodes on one of our clusters.
While most nodes finished their map tasks successfully in about 2 secs,
two were not responding well. On their Task Trackers the task status
remained UNASSIGNED for a couple of minutes (and the Job Tracker
receives no heartbeats) and then changed to RUNNING but in the end the
task got killed after 600 secs because no status update had been received.

I found out that this was caused by the fact that we had not installed
the loopback interface correctly on these two nodes. So, although all
machines could connect to each other, two of them could not connect to
themselves.

Btw, could I have seen this in any of the logs?

Regards,
Mathijs

--
Knowlogy