From Pedro Guedes <ps-gue...@criticalsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Serializing code to nodes: no can do?
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 18:23:13 GMT
I keep talking to myself... hope it doesn't annoy u too much!

We thought of a solution to our problem in wich we build a new .job
file, in accordance with our crawl configuration, and then pass it to
hadoop for execution... Is there somewhere i can look for the
specification of the .job format?

Thanks again,

Pedro

I wrote:
> Hi hadoopers,
>
> I'm working on an enterprise search engine that works on an hadoop
> cluster but is controlled form the outside. I managed to implement a
> simple crawler much like Nutch's...
> Now i have a new system's requirement: the crawl process must be
> configurable outside hadoop. This means that I should be able to add
> steps to the crawling process that the cluster would execute without
> knowing before hand what they are... since serialization if not
> possible, is there another way to achieve the same effect?
>
> Using Writable means I need implementations to be on each node so they
> can read the object data from HDFS... but then i just get the same
> object and not a new implementation, right?
>
> Any thoughts will be appreciated,
>
> Pedro

DISCLAIMER: This message may contain confidential information or privileged material and is
intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not a named addressee and mistakenly
received this message you should not copy or otherwise disseminate it: please delete this
e-mail from your system and notify the sender immediately. E-mail transmissions are not guaranteed
to be secure or without errors as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed,
arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. Therefore, the sender does not accept liability
for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message that arise as a result of e-mail
transmissions. Please request a hard copy version if verification is required. Critical Software,
SA.