From Venkat Seeth <sv...@yahoo.com>
Subject # of Tasks running is way too less compared to Tasks/Node
Date Sun, 25 Feb 2007 22:58:18 GMT
Hello there,

Howdy. I've configured 45 tasks per node and I only
see 2  map tasks per node. Number of Maps is only 4.
I've configured 160 maps but I see 1540 maps created.

When I look for the number of Java processes, I see
only 3 including the Task Tracker process.

This only applies to Map tasks though. I have 56
reduces configured and they are all running with 14
each per node.

Environment: Hadoop 0.11.2
4 Node Cluster with 4-Dual proc 64 GB RAM.
Suse Linux 64 Bit
JDK 1.6.0 64 Bit.

Am I missing something? Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Venkat