From "Jared Dunne" <jareddu...@gmail.com>
Subject Hadoop post-1.0 plans?
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2007 01:22:11 GMT
Hi-

I am a big fan of Lucene and sub projects and got a great taste of what
Hadoop has to offer for Java developers at my last position.

Is there any future work being considered for porting Hadoop to C with
Ruby/Perl bindings similar to what Lucy is for Lucene? I would love to be
able to use Hadoop from Ruby.. [I have read about Starfish, but it seems to
be missing some things (namely distributed reduce jobs).]

Jared-