From Lee <leely...@gmail.com>
Subject EC2 Instance manager?
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2007 00:21:50 GMT
Hi all,

I was contemplating working on an EC2 instance manager for use with Hadoop.
The idea is it would handle instance creation on namenode/jobtracker
startup, perhaps adding/removing instances during the lifetime of the
cluster.  Would this be useful?  If so, any ideas/pointers for creating it?

I only have until Friday to get real work done on it before I have to work
on other things, so prompt feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Lee Faris