From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to use MultithreadedMapRunner and MapRunner with the same hadoop-site.xml
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 17:23:14 GMT
Gu wrote:
> How can I use in some case MultithreadedMapRunner, and in some case
> MapRunner for different jobs?

Use JobConf#setMapRunnerClass() on jobs that you want to override the
default MapRunner, with, e.g. MultithreadedMapRunner.

> Do I have to use one hadoop-site.xml for one job? But I want to all jobs in
> one jobs.jar?

The job.xml is generated from a JobConf is independent of the job.jar,
so you can use a single hadoop-site.xml and a single job.jar with
multiple jobs whose other JobConf parameters vary.

Doug