From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject running new jobs
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2007 11:58:01 GMT
A few things that aren't really clear to me yet ...hadoop is deployed
and I want to schedule a new job. Let's say it is written in java.
Will hadoop distribute the classes so the job is available on all
nodes? Or do I have to make it is deployed everywhere.

Also: there are python examples available. Will the python script be
distributed when scheduled and an external process will be called to
execute the job? IIUC this works by piping the data through the
process ...so in theory it could be any language - is that correct?
Or is jython involved somewhere?

cheers
--
Torsten