From maar...@sherpa-consulting.be
Subject Re: Hadoop + Lucene integration: possible? how?
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2007 13:09:34 GMT
Thanks Andrzej,

let's me quickly explain my situation:

I'm developing an application which is partially based upon 'tags'
(the new hype lolz), instead of suing rdmbs for full text searching
the tag list / item I'll be using Lucene. The application will have
about 100000 visitors / day, mostly / only searching and not adding
stuff. I have, at the moment, no idea on how the performance will be
when all these users will be hitting Lucene. That was why I was
looking at a distributed solution and found Hadoop. So I'll be adding
and removing indexes, is removing possible on Hadoop, because you
mentioned read-only?

You have any idea whether the scenario above can easily be handled by
Lucene (best guess) or that idd I'll be needing some kind of DFS? And
if so you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Grtz